Key Hold Program
Every effort will be made to keep all appointments. In the event that it is unsafe to travel due to inclement weather, visits may be delayed or postponed until it is safe to do so. Additionally, service schedule may be altered in the case of pet sitter injury/accident or family emergency. Service schedule may be altered due to circumstances and charges will be adjusted accordingly. Client will be notified of such conditions when they occur, and your chosen emergency contact will be notified so that your pets can be checked as soon as possible or alternative arrangements for the care of your pets may be made.
(icy roads, heavy snow, tornado/extreme weather, extreme illness or accident, death of family member)
At the time of the initial interview when you hire us as your pet sitter or dog walker, we will collect two sets of keys. If keys are not available at the time of the complimentary meeting, a $10 trip fee will apply for key pick up at a later date.
• We keep your keys secure. When not in use,
keys are kept safe in a lock box in our office.
No personal information (name/address) is
ever notated on your key.
• Keys are typically held for future pet sitting.
The benefit to you is that we will be able to
provide services should an unexpected need
arise. If you prefer, we can return them after service/vacation sitting is complete ($10 trip fee applies).
• A pet sitting contract signed by client is required before first pet
sitting service is performed.
• We are a pre-paid service. Payment is due on the first day of
service for all pet sitting bookings. Ongoing pre-scheduled dog
walking will be due the first day of the week.
-- $10 fee assessed if payment not received on first day of service
• Cancellations of existing reservations should be made within 48 hours of scheduled services.
• A 50% non-refundable deposit required 2 weeks in advance for
holiday bookings. Balance due on first day of service.
Holidays: Add $5 per Stop-By Visit and $20 per Overnight Stay.
• Holidays: Christmas Eve & Day, New Year’s Eve and Day,
Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day.
• Mid-day dog walking discounts do not apply on holidays.
• In the event that veterinary care is deemed necessary, every attempt will be made to contact client prior to taking pet to the vet. When not feasible due to the nature of the illness/injury, pet will be taken to the vet for care and vet bills are the responsibility of the client. Expenses, including pet sitter trip fee and time, will be reimbursed by client upon their return.
• If it is an emergency and the client’s regular veterinarian is not
available or is not nearby, pet will be taken to the nearest available emergency care facility.
Happy Hearts & Tails Pet Sitting LLC